Saturday, January 24, 2009

New House of the Dead Scheduled to Kick Ass (and Cunt)

Christmas 1999ish. That's when my brother and I got the goddamn Sega Dreamcast--what would end up being one of my favorite consoles and ultimately (due to alienation of third-party publishers) under appreciated by most of the masses. Packaged with the console was a demo disc with a demo for the latest, upcoming game in the The House of the Dead series, The House of the Dead 2. Neither of us ever purchased the game. We didn't even really play it all that much, but we found it to be pretty sweet nonetheless. It even contais a line we still quote to each other today: "Don't come! Don't come!"

Deciding the Wii would be a perfect opportunity to channel their popular light gun video game into homes, Sega published The House of the Dead 2 & 3. Despite a lot of interest, I continued to not purchase the game. I'm not sure if I'll be able to stay away from what they are doing with the new Wii exclusive. Take a look at this video of Sega's new first-person rail shooter The House of the Dead: Overkill, and try to tell me you didn't cum all over your keyboard (or controller).


Developer: Headstrong Games
Publisher: Sega
Platform: Wii
Modes: Single-player, two-player co-op
ESRB: M
Release: 2/10/2009

No comments:

Post a Comment